Sunday 1 January 2012

Inspiration 365: Day 1

Wow. Day One. This project is going to be amazing… I am already aflutter with excitement to watch this year grow into one of colour, creativity and remarkable wonder.

Throughout this first day of 2012, I tuned in to every moment for opportunities to be inspired. When you are on high-alert like this, it is easy—and exhilarating!—to find beauty almost anywhere, and in any moment. Today there were many, and I simply cannot choose just one.

From the fluffy snowflakes landing softly upon tree branches, to discovering the creative mastery of cookie decorator SugarBelle. Can you believe these are edible? Explore her blog and Facebook page for recipes, tips and ideas for your next cookie adventure.


This morning, I began development of an online store for my kids, who have been inspired to print their wacky and wickedly wonderful illustrations onto t-shirts for worldwide sales and distribution. Jake even marched upstairs to announce the pending opening to our top-floor neighbours, much to their amusement I am sure.

I was tickled by the idea of applying to a job posting for Interior Designer at IKEA {Did you know, Ottawa is now home to the newest + largest IKEA store in Canada?} The job involves design, promotion and maintenance of their in-store rooms, vignettes and showcases. Geez, talk about inspiring! Alas, the role requirements are a bit out of my range of experience, particularly in the visual merchandising department.


Finally, after reading several friends’ Facebook status updates these past few days about wanting to shed some pounds and consider healthier lifestyles, I was inspired late this afternoon to schedule a “Nutrition for the New Year” workshop. As I spoke about my idea with Marshall, the concept snowballed, and is now offering up the potential to be the next Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers! Stay tuned for details…

The night is young, and I just know there will be numerous shining moments of inspiration before I close my eyes {and undoubtedly after!}, but I will leave you with this collection for now. What a glorious way to start this tantalizing project. I hope you tune in for the remaining 364 installments, and perhaps take some time each day to consider…

…What inspired YOU today?


{ Psst… I love to receive feedback on my posts. Please leave your questions, comments + feedback whenever you feel inspired to do so! }

1 comment:

  1. You go Girl! I can't wait to see what you do with the Nutrition program. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete